Plug In, Baby!

Because I'm a twenty-something in the middle of a crisis...

10.27.2007

so much to do, so little time

long, tiring day today. i don't want to go into details anymore. the thought of re-running what i did today just makes me even more tired.

my mom and i discussed things with my grandma this afternoon. turns out that she and my uncle were going to visit my other uncle in new york from the 15th-20th so i'll have the house in cali for my own then.

anyway, i kind of wanted to go to new york since i could probably finish the school stuff in a day or two (which i'll be working on immediately after i land on the 11th) but of course, that's already way too much to ask. i'll probably just spend those days in "my" room and arrange/redecorate it so that at least it'll be a little more warm and welcoming come january.

i still have a long way down my to-do list besides fixing all the paperworks. these include:

- learning to cook
- learning basic car repair stuff (let's face it, i wouldn't have a driver checking everything up in the morning there.)
- making a list of EVERYTHING i use everyday from contact lens cleaners to nailcutters to dental floss. every single detail that we wouldn't usually notice because they're always just there. i don't want to miss anything out.
- having an eye check-up
- having a dental check-up and getting new retainers while i'm at it
- packing (which i don't know where to begin with. i'm basically going to squeeze in my entire life in around 4 baggages--2 of which i'll already be leaving there in november--and since i have tons of stuff--heck, my books alone already amount to more than a hundred--i have to choose which to bring and which to leave. my heart aches at the thought of not having my bookshelf with me there, among others.)
- spend some time with as much people as i could manage while i'm here. and returning and retrieving borrowed stuff

... and really, so much more. there's a lot of other little trivial things that i don't have to mention. in a way, it's good i'm going to be preoccupied. it keeps my mind of the fact that i'll actually be leaving the only bubble i've lived in, loved, and grown accustomed to ever since. i don't want to be sad. there'll be plenty of time for that in the future.